Monday, March 15, 2010

Origin of "Know Your Limits"

This past November, I had the opportunity to attend the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics conference in Nashville. My future mother-in-law also attended this conference. While we were there I purchased a shirt that had an amazing saying printed on the front.

Limits were by far my favorite thing in Calculus I. My love for Calculus began because of an amazing teacher, Leslie Spicer!
This is a limit by substitution, so you plug in the infinity where the x is in the problem. So in turn, one divided by infinity equals as close to zero as you can get! I was soo excited when I saw this t-shirt! One day I hope to add some more math t-shirts to my collection which has another one already.


With this shirt, the imaginary number i is telling the pi symbol to be rational since it is an irrational number, and pi is telling the imaginary number to get real! (I know, like I said, Math Geek!)

Another favorite I hope to get is this:


Anyways, this is all the nerd I have tonight!

1 comment:

  1. More than I really needed to know.....but do like the "can't touch this".

    ReplyDelete